Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Graduation Day Part 1

We headed to Provo Wednesday after Tessa was done with school.  We drove to Ontario where we spent the night.  We got up the next morning and arrived in Provo about 1:00 p.m.  Changed our clothes at Emily's house and headed to Smash Burger for some quick lunch (yum!  Wish we had one in Portland) and then met Clark for some picture taking before the general University Commencement Ceremony at the Marriott Center.

He looked so handsome in his cap and gown.  The only problem was  his head was way too big for the cap!

 It was really quite entertaining to watch!  He finally got it on and he looked so handsome!
 The proud parents!

 Two proud sisters patiently saving seats for us in the Marriott Center.  Logan joined us too!
 I went outside to get some pictures of the processional.  This is not a picture of Clark...
 This is not a picture of Clark either....
 In fact, there is no picture of Clark walking in because I didn't realize they were coming in on two sides of the building and I was on the wrong side.  I did manage to get a picture of him once he was inside the Marriott Center  - here he is waving at us!!  Thank goodness for a zoom lens!

 Elder Christofferson was the guest speaker at the Commencement Ceremony.  He was quite entertaining and kept it short and sweet.

 That's a lot of graduates!!!
 After the ceremony we took some more photos - Clark and a few of his buddies.

 The proud siblings!

 The whole proud family!!
 The proud mommy!
 The proud parents.
 On Facebook I had seen that my BYU roommate, Delanie was also going to be at graduation as her oldest son was graduating.  We arranged to meet after the ceremony.  It was so fun to see her and her entire family - it's been quite a few years since we had seen each other.

 After dinner we headed up to Salt Lake for dinner.  Clark had a wedding reception to go to in SLC and we figured the restaurants would be less crowded up there - well we were wrong.  This was the line outside of the Red Iguana...
This was a Thursday night - I take it as a good sign - the restaurant must be good.  Fortunately Clark had made a reservation for us so we only waited a few minutes.  The food was yummy and it was a loud and fun atmosphere.
After dinner Clark went to his wedding reception and we headed back down to Provo.  We stayed at David and Tricia's house - thanks guys!!
Next:  Graduation Day Part 2

1 comment:

Tamara said...

Thanks for the memories. . . . .What a wonderful accomplishment to graduate from BYU. Now on to a bigger climb--law school. GOOD LUCK!