Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Back to School Breakfast

I have a little bit of blog catch up to do!  I realized I never posted about the first day of school.

We actually celebrated the first day of school one day early.  Our high school starts early - about 7:30 a.m. so Tessa leaves the  house about 7:15 a.m. so I have lived with Tessa long enough to know that trying to have a nice, sit down breakfast the first day of school before she left was just  not reasonable.  So instead I decided to do it on Monday and have her invite a few of her friends.

It was great fun and I think the girls really enjoyed it.  It was a nice chance for them to sit, relax and visit before the whirlwind of school and their senior years begins.

Of course I had to set a pretty table....  with the help of a few items from the Dollar Store and the craft store I think I succeeded

Tessa requested blueberry muffins and we also had yogurt/granola/fruit parfaits, an egg frittata and breakfast potatoes.
The girls each had their own little chalkboard place card.

 The girls had a toast to their senior year with their orange juice.


It was fun to see them enjoying each other.

Here's to the start of a great senior year!

No comments: