Pages

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Alberta Street Fair

I have vowed to have as much fun as humanly possible while the girls are home.  Tessa and I made a pretty good stab at so far - beginning with our trip down Hawthorne and then the dance concert Friday night.

Saturday morning we had our choice between the antique show in Aurora or the Alberta Street Fair here in Portland.  Since Tessa slept in a wee bit we opted for the Street Fair because it was only 20 minutes away versus 45 minutes.

We ate, rather walked, our way up and down Alberta Street.  We stopped in several of the fun little shops and Tessa managed to find herself two vintage dresses.  Vintage being from the 1970's.  I swear my mother had two just like them!!

We began our munching with an amazing blueberry old fashioned doughnut - it was amazing!


Tessa was still hungry so our next stop was Pine State Biscuits for the Reggie!  Basically a heart attack on a plate but it is so good I think it might be worth it!!  She shared a few bits with me.


Of course had to do a little Totally Tessa photo shoot while we were there.

And then we HAD to check out the brand new local ice cream shop that had just opened up the day before.  The line was out the door but oh so worth the wait.  I think I had the most amazing ice cream I've ever had in my life and I've had a lot of ice cream.  The Sea Salt with Homemade Caramel Ribbon was to die for!  We're going back for more soon.  The Cinnamon Snickerdoodle was also amazing!   Not too sure about the Pear with Bleu Cheese flavor though???  Only in Portland




In fact, I'm ready to go back right now!
Of course there is always lots of great people watching to be had at a Portland street fair!



We headed home and Tessa had to take a nap to recover from all the eating she did!! 

Jim was back from Seattle when we returned and was busy painting the hallway - loving the new color.   We all went to a wedding reception this evening for a boy from the ward.   A good and busy day!



No comments: