Pages

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Festival of Colors

Last weekend was the annual Festival of Colors at a Krishna Temple in Spanish Fork, Utah.


The Festival of Colors announces the beginning of Spring and a farewell to Winter.

It is a very colorful celebration as people are bathed in colorful powders.  I don't quite understand the whole thing but Cali loves going.  There are thousands of people who attend!
Cali went with her roommates and her friend Brittany Carson who was down from BYU- I

Here is their before pictures.


And their after photos!
Quite a colorful group - Cali and her roommates.
I really don't quite understand how the whole things works?  Do you throw the colored powder at each other?  Cali, please enlighten your mother!?

2 comments:

Cali said...

mom
there is a inital throwing of the powder that the whole group does at once. I was in the middle of the masses so it went completely black and you couldn't breath for a while. Then you continue to throw the different color powder at each other. People also crowd surf!!....including me:)

Leigh Anne Wilkes said...

Why does it not surprise me in the least that you crowd surfed!!!