Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

Back at Home

So now that I've updated everyone on the college kids I thought you might want to know what we've been doing here at home.  When Tessa saw me starting this post she asked, "What have we been doing around here?"

Well, nothing as exciting as flying down to LA for a football game in the Rose Bowl - that's for sure.
We have managed to fit in a lot of meetings though.  I've had 5 new 2nd Counselors in Relief  Society to orient on top of a Girl's Camp craft meeting, and several other meetings!  It was a meeting packed week!  Jim went to Cub Pack Meeting as the ward's new Cub Committee Chair - they made paper airplanes.  He invited me to go along with him but I declined.  An evening home by myself, Tessa was at a school concert, was much more appealing than Cub Pack Meeting!

I also spent a lot of time sewing this week on costumes for the high school musical - Guys and Dolls.  I am sewing for Tessa (she has four costumes) and I am also sewing for two of her friends.  I got their blouses for one dance number done and sewed up few sample tops for another number for all the girl's to try on for sizes.  I've got a bag full of more to sew up this week.  I've also started a quilt for Clark, my goal is to make at least one quilt for each of my children by the time they graduate from college so I only have a few months left to get Clark's done!

One of our new goals (I guess it is my goal for Jim and I) is to try a new breakfast place every Saturday, or as many Saturdays as we can.  Going out to breakfast is a little easier on the budget than dinner!  Last week it was Mother's Bistro and this week we checked out Screen Door.  Tessa was sleeping over at a friend's so she missed out!

When we arrived at 9:00 a.m., the time they opened we were greeted by this.

The doors opened and we made it into the lobby area but not to a table.  It took about an hour to get a table but I had brought a book along with me and we were out of the rain so we didn't mind..  We met some nice people too, they gave me a few other breakfast spot recommendations.  The wait was worth it though because the food was delicious.
I had an amazing praline bacon waffle - yum!  Jim had a yummy egg scramble with pesto and tomatoes.



Their biscuits were quite delicious also.


But the most amazing thing of all was this  - their speciality  - the fried chicken on a sweet potato waffle.  Yes this is on the breakfast menu.  We didn't order it but loved watching them deliver it to the tables that did.  We know we will definitely be bringing Clark back here when he is home because he is going to love it!
The waffle comes with 3-4 large fried chicken breasts on top of it!
I had to get a picture of it for Clark so I went up to a total stranger and asked if I could take a picture of his chicken.  I was in a hurry because I didn't want to bug them too much so my picture is out of focus but you can get the idea!


So, Clark - breakfast at the Screen Door next time you're home!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fun! Fun! Fun! what an itneresting combination: waffles and fried chicken. Since Michelle and I are back on Weight WAtchers, that would probably be our points for today and tomorrow. YUM!

Michelle Wilkes said...

I think I need to get into the breakfast thing since you supposedly should eat most your calories early in the day and not late at night. Tonight I made breakfast for dinner, though, so I think I've got it all backwards!