Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Sunday

The weather was beautiful in Portland this weekend - it was  perfect Spring weather. It was actually warm.

Friday night we went out for a burger and fries at Five Guys and then home for a movie.

 Jim and I made a trip to Home Depot (actually two trips) on Saturday to get some wood to build a prototype for a carnival booth.  We have decided to have a carnival for the wedding reception here in Portland - it's going to be fun!!

Saturday afternoon I also cooked baked beans for 200 people for a wedding reception that evening.  The daughter of one of the family's Jim home teaches was getting married.  It was a fun wedding reception with a cute country theme.  They even had a s'more bar.  They had made a really fun cabinet that housed 3 hot plates that your roasted the marshmallows over.  They had four different kinds of homemade marshmallows.  Very fun!



Sunday was Easter and I was pretty sure the Easter Bunny was going to pass right over our house since there were no kids home but I was wrong.  Jim got up early to go to Bishopric and when I woke up I found an Easter basket waiting for me at the top of the stairs and a maze of string through the downstairs.

 I guess the Easter Bunny didn't know where I hid the Easter candy because all of the eggs were empty but there was a nice little present at the end of the string for me!

We had a nice morning of meetings at church and after church we joined our friends the Jensens, Appels and Ann Gibney for Easter dinner.

Good friends and good food.

Larry and Marsha - our host and hostess.

The Easter Bunny and me!

No comments: