Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Egg Dying

This was our first Easter without kids at home since before we had kids!  It felt a little strange.

There was no one to dye Easter eggs with me.  I really could have passed on the whole Easter egg dying thing but then I found this idea on Pinterest using natural dyes to color eggs.  I wanted to try it so I borrowed some kiddos - Owen and Addi Daines were my helpers.  I made dyes by boiling various vegetables and teas.  I used red cabbage, blueberries, red onions, yellow onions, black teas and even some spices like tumeric.





 We got some really fun subtle, natural colors.
 The kids also used some food coloring to dye some of the eggs so we did end up with some brighter eggs too.

Me and my helpers!

I really loved the way they turned out - I had to do a little photo shoot with them when I got them home.



Jim's got a lot of hard boiled eggs to eat!!

No comments: