Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Seattle Day Two

Tuesday Jim walked down the street to his meetings so Tessa and I could sleep in a little at the hotel - so nice of him especially since we had gotten up at 3:30 a.m. the morning before.

I had done a little research on the computer and talked to a few Seattle friends to figure out what we were going to do for the day.  We love exploring!

We headed over to the Queen Anne Hill area of Seattle - just north of the Space Needle to a restaurant called 5 Spot for breakfast.

It was a fun and funky little restaurant with lots of fun art work on the walls.
 I especially loved this fun sign hanging over the bar!
Tessa and I split a yummy ham and egg scramble.  Their hashbrowns were so good and I don't even like potatoes!

After breakfast we headed down to the pier and caught a ferry over to Bainbridge Island.  It was the perfect day for ferry riding!  Sunny and warm, no wind.  We enjoyed taking some photos on the ferry and doing a little reading during the 30 minute ride over.

And then a nice man took a picture of the two of us together.

We had fun exploring the island.  We both decided we want to live on an island and that maybe Jim and I should retire to Bainbridge Island.  It looked like the average house price was about one million so we better hope that 401K improves!

There were lots of fun little shops and restaurants.



We found a great little ice cream shop.  The ice cream is all made on the island.  I tried their orange cream and it was amazing.  As good as the orange creamsicle gelato I had last week that I was still dreaming about.  Now I need to find a recipe to make it at home~

Before boarding the ferry back to Seattle we had lunch.  I had been told about the amazing biscuits they had at Steamliner Diner so we decided to have lunch there.  The only problem was, they were out of biscuits for the day!  So disappointing.  That is just not acceptable - to be known for your amazing biscuits and to run out! 

The ride back to the city was just as beautiful!
We headed back to Sea-Tac and picked up Jim and headed back to Portland.  A fun couple of days.  I know I have said it before but we are so lucky to live in such a beautiful place!!


No comments: