Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Paris}Pretty Things

Notre Dame is actually located on an island in the middle of the Seine River - the Ile de la Cite. After visitng Notre Dame we walked around a bit and took in some of the pretty buildings. Everything about Paris is pretty!
Paris

Paris

Paris

From there we crossed over a bridge to the Ile Saint Louis which is another island in the middle of the river. I had read about an amazing ice cream shop located on the Ile in one of my tour books and I knew we had to find it. The French like their ice cream!

Paris - Berthillon Ice Cream

Paris

The ice cream was amazing and is made with only sugar, cream, eggs and milk. No artificial anything. If you go to Paris you MUST have Berthillon ice cream.

Paris

This is what we found on our way to the ice cream shop - so much pretty! How fun it would be to live in this neighborhood with all the little shops - one just for biscuits (cookies)...
Paris

Paris

and one just for la fromage...

Paris

Paris

and I'd love to have this patisserie down the street!
Paris

and of course the flower shops! So pretty!!
Paris

Paris

Yes, I could live here - could I please!??

Next we crossed back over the river into Left Bank of Paris and made a stop at the Shakespeare and Company Bookstore. An American bookstore started by Sylvia Beach in the early 1920's.

_dsc0130

From there we headed down to the Musee d'Orsay so I could get my fix of Monet and some of my other favorite Impressionistic painters. By this time we had about walked our feet off!

_dsc0140

Yes, all four of the Paris posts I have done so far were one days worth of sightseeing in Paris.

Our feet were killing us but we had an amazing day!

Paris}The Eiffel Tower

Paris}The Champs Elysees and the Louvre

Paris}Notre Dame

No comments: