Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Paris}Arc de Triomphe and Sacre Coeur

After we left Versailles, we took the train back into Paris and got off near the Arc de Triomphe. It wasn't really that close but we had fun walking the streets of Paris and enjoyed some more of this prettiness....

_dsc0530

I am not sure I could ever get enough of this....

_dsc0597

_dsc0534

And then there it was - the Arc de Triomphe. It really wasn't on the agenda for the day but Cali insisted we couldn't leave Paris without seeing it up close (we had seen it from a distance). "It's in all the movies," was her reasoning! I must admit it is pretty impressive and big up close!
_dsc0553

_dsc0537

_dsc0576

The Arc is a memorial to all those who fought in behalf of France.

_dsc0572

_dsc0567

It is also the home to the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

_dsc0565

From there we hopped on yet another train/tube/underground/subway/bus and headed out to Sacre Coeur which is located in the Montemartre neighborhood.

_dsc0622

Sacre Coeur is a beautiful Roman Catholic basilica and is located on the highest point in Paris.

_dsc0641

From there we wandered through the hilly Montemartre neighborhood - home to lots of fun shops and restaurants.

_dsc0648

_dsc0667

_dsc0673

And also lots of other beautiful architecture. I don't think I will ever get tired of old windows and doors....

_dsc0663

_dsc0658

And another must see on Cali's list was Moulin Rouge so we walked through the streets until we found it. It is located in one of the more "colorful" neighborhoods in Paris. Check that one off the list!
_dsc0653

It was time to leave Paris. I had seen just enough to make me want more. More Paris, more France. I love everything about Paris and I can't wait to go back.

We took the Chunnel back to London and we found our way to a hotel at the airport for our early flight out the next morning.

What an amazing time we had.

The best part of the trip was definitely getting to explore and experience it all with Cali. I think I need to do again with Tessa!

Au revoir Paris! J'taime!

_dsc0657

No comments: