Pages

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Recommended Read

We are at the beach this weekend.  If you are at the beach one thing you need is a good read!

This week I just finished a good read - Shanghai Girls by Lisa See.

I enjoyed the book a lot.  I had previously read one of her other books - Snowflower and the Secret Fan which I loved.


I have always enjoyed this genre of book - Asian life/women.  I love historical fiction.  I found the history of chinese foot binding fascinating.

Other books I have read in this same genre that I have enjoyed are :

Memoirs of a Geisha



Women of the Silk



Language of the Threads



This weekend's beach read is a book I need to get read for Book Club this next week - I better read fast!
The book is Sarah's Keys.  I'll let you know what I think.


No comments: