Pages

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Black Friday

Jim and I ventured out to make one purchase on Black Friday.  I have been eyeing the Cricut Inspiration machine for a while - for those of you who don't know what it is - it is a machine that cuts different shapes out of paper - great for scrapbooking, posters, banners, etc.  I have some fun plans for it on my party blog so stay tuned!

Thanks to a Black Friday sale at Roberts and Grandma Wilkes' Christmas money I am now the proud owner of one!  Now I just need to figure out how to use it!

Friday afternoon all the Wilkes men and two women (Mikala and Cecelia) had a family basketball game over at the church.  It was the Wynn Wilkes family agains the Jim and David Wilkes family.  The Wynn Wilkes showed up in uniform thinking they would intimidate the other team but it didn't work!  We won!



They did look pretty fancy in their uniforms though - I think Micah wins the prize for the most stylish!



And then Wynn's headband was pretty sweet - it says Pooh and Friends on it and it is actually the elastic waistband from a pair of underwear - way to repurpose Wynn!!


They even let our old man into the game for a few minutes!


Clark couldn't play because his knee is messed up - he's going to the doctor to have it check out next week!
I think my favorite photo I took is this one of Eric doing his little ballet leap!


After the basketball game we munched on leftovers for lunch and then went to the movies.  A group of the girl cousins went to see New Moon (a repeat for several of them) and 9 boy cousins and Jim and I went to see Blindside.  I HIGHLY recommend this movie.  It is one of the best I have seen in a long time.

I must admit I am rather partial to one of the main character's names - the one played by Sandra Bullock - her name is Leigh Anne - spelled the right way.

It is definitely a feel good movie and will move you to tears.  It was Logan's second time seeing it and he cried again.  Of course Jim cried through most of it - go see it!

After the movie Grandma and Grandpa treated us to dinner at Five Guys Burgers and Fries.  Our family then headed up to Salt Lake to see the lights of Temple Square as Tessa had never seen them before - pictures of that posted soon!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad that everyone is still in one piece. I can imagine it could get pretty ugly. Good thing the Reber's weren't there. We have some pretty dirty, intimidating players. Hugs to all of you!

Congrats, Leigh Anne! You've made it an entire month with posting everyday!

Emily said...

Oh yeah people, HE IS MINE! All mine. And just for the record, his mother and brothers brought the "headbands".

I'm going to have to get some copies of some of Micah's other masterpiece outfits. Especially the one that won him tickets to prom.