Pages

Sunday, September 20, 2009

A Little Princess

This fall Westview is doing A Little Princess for their Children's Theater.

Maybe you have seen the old Shirley Temple version or the more recent version...


The story is based on the novel by Frances Hodgson Burnett.

Tessa has the part of Miss Minchin. If you have read the book or seen the movie you know that she is the somewhat stern/evil headmistress of the boarding school where Miss Sara - the little princess is living.

Tessa is a little concerned about playing such a "mean person" but sure she will do just great!!

I already have the fabric and pattern for the two costumes I need to make for her - they are 1920's vintage patterns so that should be interesting!!

The play will be the weeked of Oct. 22-24th if you are in the area!

2 comments:

Michelle Wilkes said...

If Tessa needs to study her role a little, she can come hang out with me!

Unknown said...

Oops. . . .looks like my comment from last week disappeared into thin air. Wish we could join you, but Richard bought me tickets to fly to AZ before we found out about the play. Hopefully next time. I'll be in AZ from October 18-October 27th.