Pages

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Angel's Rest

This Wednesday, to celebrate the kids being back in school and the beautiful weather we are enjoying a group of women from church went hiking in the Gorge.

The plan is to go hiking every Wednesday as long as the weather stays good - I am definitely a fair weather hiker. I don't think I will be able to join them every Wednesday but I'm going to try to go a couple of times a month.



This time we headed out to Angel's Rest which is in the Gorge - a few miles before Multnomah Falls.

It was a moderately difficult hike and we went up 1,500 feet in 2 miles. It was definitely uphill the whole way but a beautiful hike with lots of great views!

There were a few rocky parts but overall a great hike!


We climbed up this rock formation to eat lunch (here we are coming down.)
The view at the top was amazing!
A fun day with friends enjoying the beautiful area we live in!

2 comments:

Linda said...

That view is incredible! I love the Gorge!

How fun to have a group of hiking friends. That's what I'm hoping to get into when we move next year. I don't know if you remember but we had been looking to move to Oregon but now have changed our minds. We're planning on Colorado since we have family there. I won't have a view of the Columbia River Gorge in Colorado but it will be beautiful just the same.

Emily said...

What a fun idea!