Saturday, May 23, 2009

Perfect Portland Weekend - Day Two

Day Two - Saturday

I got up early and went to a yoga class, Clark had to be to work at 4 a.m.and Tessa had dance at 9:00

After yoga, Jim, Cali and I headed to the Beaverton Farmer's Market - one of my favorite places.

We enjoyed a huge omelet for breakfast at the market - one fed all three of us!

We bought some yummy strawberries, asparagus, kettle corn, Dave's Killer Spelt Bread and I found some fun new garden art!

Mike Darcy, a local plant guy who is on the radio was there and selling these fun things he had made in Vietnam to create yard art - you just slip the pieces over some re bar and PVC pipe and stick it in your pot or the ground - love it! I got enough to make two.

While we were at the Farmer's Market we got a call from Clark that he was on the way to the Urgent Care.

He had caught his elbow on a sharp shelf at work and now required stitches. He was excited that he got to go sit in the Urgent Care and he was still on the clock - Costco was paying him to go to the doctor. He ended up with 6 staples in his arm!

It didn't slow him down much because after work he went to work in a friend's yard, planting plants for her for several hours! Fortunately Costco also picks up the medical bills!

After the Farmer's Market Jim, Cali and I went and picked up Tessa from dance and headed down to the Saturday's Market. It was a busy day because the Rose Festival Fun Center had opened. We had a fun time walking around, looking at the different booths and especially the people.

The street performers can be very entertaining!

Deciding on what to eat is always a challenge - so many choices!
We ate lunch at the market a lamb gyro for Jim, Cali and I and Tessa had noodles.
The girls enjoyed checking out all the booths selling wares.
Afterwards we came home and invited Debbie and Hannah over for dinner - we barbecued Spicy Honey Chicken and fresh asparagus from the market, pasta salad and some yummy garlic cheese bread. We also grilled pineapple and made dulce de leche and served it over ice cream - yum!

After dinner we enjoyed a round of Five Crowns! Another Perfect Portland Day

We are happy to report that Logan has arrived home safe and sound on American soil!!


Tamara said...

Your "memory banks" are truly filled to overflowing with all the times together. Glad Logan is back safe and sound and that Clark is okay. . . . . . .HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!

Emily said...

Yum! Yum! and Ouch! You are making me Oregon Sick to come and enjoy time with your family. To pacify myself I will enjoy my time with Logan tonight at the Birthday Party. I'm not telling my kids that he will be there. Their reactions are going to be great!

jayna said...

so do you do dulce de leche in the pressure cooker or another way? I am always afraid of the pressure cooker method.

Leigh Anne Wilkes said...


Just discovered an easy way to do it in the oven. Pour the can of sweetened condensed milk into a pie plate or bowl and cover with foil and then place in a larger dish - I used a 9 x 13 and fill it with boiling water until it is about half way up the container with the sweetened condensed milk in and then bake the whole thing for about an hour. Watch to make sure it doesn't burn but it will start to turn caramel color and turn into dulce de leche - it worked great!!