Pages

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Back to School and more Birthday!

We are back in the swing of things. Jim is back in his "man cave", Tessa is back in school and I am enjoying a little peace and quiet around here as well as some bargain shopping!! Thanks to Grandma Wilkes and the Christmas and birthday money I've been having a good time!

Tessa found out on Tuesday that she will be in the school's Spring Musical - Joseph and the Technicolor Dream Coat. She is the featured dancer and in the company. If you haven't seen the show you can rent it on DVD or get it for free from the library like we did. Donny Osmond plays Joseph. There is a lot of fun music in the show and it is a bit eclectic! Pharaoh does an Elvis impersonation and in one number they wear Go-Go girl dresses with boots!

Watch for the french dancer in the Nights of Canaan number - that is Tessa and yes the dance will be toned down a bit and so will the costumes!!!

She started rehearsal after school every day this week and we have started sewing costumes. The girls and I worked on the skirts for all the brother's wives over the break and now I have a can-can dancer outfit to make! Tessa just can't get away from being a can-can dancer. Must be those long legs!
I celebrated my birthday on Wednesday with lunch out with girlfriends at my favorite Mexican restaurant - Mazatlan. I enjoyed my favorite food too - cheese enchiladas!



But I enjoyed the fun time with my friends even more!

I even got a free dessert - fried ice cream and my picture taken with this crazy hat on - it was heavy!!



I am packing up and heading to FREEZING COLD Minnesota tomorrow for a CM top leader meeting. The high is going to be MINUS FOUR!!! And the low is going to be MINUS SIXTEEN.

I know I grew up in Wisconsin but come on - that is COLD!!


College Kid Update:

All is well in Provo. They all seem to have recovered from the flu and seem to like their new classes.

Cali went 80's dancing in her new gold lame stretch pants she got over Christmas - and yes her mother bought them for her - I can hardly believe it myself. They were on the clearance rack at Target .

Logan had a date Friday night and Clark called to say he was going to the movies with some roommates. Any other updates boys? You'll have to leave a comment and let us know.

4 comments:

Diane said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! What great pictures! :) and I love the yellow pants you bought for Cali! : )

Anonymous said...

Leigh Anne,
I love love love the green sweater/jacket you have on in your birthday photos. it is "my" color. Is it new? where did you get it?
dawn

Unknown said...

I love the gold pants too. Congrats to Tess on her part in the upcoming play. Thanks for keeping us posted in all areas of your amazing life! Don't freeze in Minnesota!!!!!!!!1

Michelle Wilkes said...

O.K. Dawn stole my comment about the green sweater. I love it! (I can't say the same about Cali's gold pants)