Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Wisdom Teeth Removal - Part Two

I thought that only having four children I would only have to go through wisdom teeth removal 4 times - I was wrong.

If you remember - Tessa had her 4 wisdom removed in February, or at least we thought she did.

After a routine visit to the dentist a couple of months ago and some routine xrays we discovered that she had only had 3 1/3 of her wisdom teeth removed. Back we went to the oral surgeon and all he had to say was "Oops - haven't done that in a while."

Today she had 2/3 of a widom tooth removed. It was fairly quick and easy procedure although they still knocked her out.

This is how she looked after the first surgery

This is how she looks today - so much better! Only a slight swelling on the right side of her face (the left as you look at it.)

She has enjoy two jamba juice already, mashed potatoes thanks to her father and now some vitamin water and a Teen Vogue magazine!


It was a busy hospital day for us today - my dad had surgery also. He had his para stoma hernia repaired (I think thats what it is called).
The weren't sure how they were going to do the procedure - they hoped to do it robotically, second choice was laproscopically and the third choice was to open him up.


Fortunately they were able to do it robotically which means a much quicker recovery for him. There are only two surgeons in Portland that do the robotic surgery and my dad is the first man in Oregon to have a para stoma hernia repaired via robotic surgery - way to go dad!

While I was with Tessa at the oral surgeon Clark went to the hospital to sit with my mom (Jim was in Seattle on business). As soon as I got Tessa home and settled Clark and I switched places and he came home to change bloody gauze and ice packs and I went up to the hospital. Jim stopped by on his way back into town.


Dad is amazing for an almost 80 year old man!! The doctor hopes he will be ready to come home tomorrow!


I'm tired - so I'm putting my jammies and crawling in bed to try and finish Breaking Dawn!

No comments: