Pages

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Portland Color Run

So the family blog kind of got put on hold this summer while we were in the midst of Wedding Carnival planning.  To get caught up on the family blog has been on my To Do list for the last month.  I haven't made much progress.  The thought of getting caught up has just been too overwhelming as a lot has happened this summer!

So I just decided to start current and then work backwards.

This year I have been able to cross a few things off the bucket list - Run a 1/2 Marathon, Be in a Flash Mob and do a Color Run.  I crossed the Color Run off this weekend.

The race took place out at the Portland Speedway and I did it with my friend Meg and 15,000 other Portlanders.  Let's just say 15,000 is a lot of people.  Technically, it really isn't a race because they don't even time it.  The object is to just have fun and we did.  The race is a 5K and goes along the raceway and through Delta Park.

 We started out with white clothes on.



 But we didn't end up with white clothes on!.  Along the race course there are color stations where people stand with squirt bottles full of different color powders.  One station is blue, one is yellow etc.   The powder is made from cornstarch.




 It was really fun and I'm glad I covered my hair so I don't have pink hair for church tomorrow!



 There is one big color party at the end where people throw their packet of color!
Jim came along as our chauffer and photographer.  Thanks Jim!
It was fun, glad I did it but don't think I need to do it again.

No comments: