Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Holiday Happenings

So what do you do at 3:30 a.m. when you can't sleep - you blog!  My mind is just too full of things that need to still be done and other "pressing matters" to sleep.

So what better activity for the middle of the night than doing a little catch up here on the family blog.


The Holidays are in full swing at our house.  We started the month out with the Westview Concert Choir's performance at the The Grotto on December 1st.  This is a yearly appearance and always helps to get me in the mood for the holidays.

It is probably all the pretty lights.


 and the pretty music.  The acoustics in the chapel at the Grotto are amazing!


 The first Saturday of December I hosted my annual CM brunch which is always fun - love my ladies.


 The presents that needed to be mailed off are all wrapped and gone!  Now I just need to wrap everything else.

I made a quick 36 hour trip to Chicago which I'll blog about separately and I got a new calling in the midst of all the holiday happenings - I was put in as the Secretary in the new ward Relief Society Presidency.  Get to work with an amazing group of women!

We've attended a few holiday parties which is always fun and spent some time getting Tessa ready for her trip to NYC.  The ward Christmas party is this weekend so I need to come up for some Lamanite outfits for us to wear to the Night in Zarahemla. Made a trip to Goodwill yesterday for some sheets to use.

I'm hosting a bridal shower on Thursday for a good friend of Cali's who is getting married a few days after Christmas (Cali is in the wedding party)  and the neighborhood Breakfast with Santa on Saturday.

The most exciting thing to happen this week is Cali comes home on Wednesday - yeah!!

And I finally got my Christmas pillows done.  Don't look too close or you'll see the pins in them still - need to sew closed the openings.  Maybe since I'm awake in the middle of the night I could get that done now!



Happy Holidays!!

No comments: