Pages

Friday, July 17, 2009

Sweet Sixteen Surprise

Wednesday night we pulled of a Sweet Sixteen Surprise!

Cali wanted to give Tessa a surprise party for her sixteenth birthday. So with a little help from m(o.k. - a lot of help) she pulled it off. Tessa was totally surprised
!
Her friends Rachel and Lauren got her out of the house by taking her to dinner and her friends showed up and hid in the kitchen.I had to work on party preparations here and there when she wasn't home but I ended up baking the cupcakes etc. right in front of her telling her that I was experimenting with recipes for the wedding reception I am helping with next week.

I hope I am forgiven for all the lying I had to do this week to keep it a secret. As soon as she left for dinner we started decorating and pulling out all the food etc. I had hidden!

Cali chose a Grease/50's theme so we decorated in pink/black/polka dots. I made these fun tissue paper pom poms ala Martha Stewart. I told Tessa they were for the wedding reception!

So of course we had to go with pink food too! Pink and brown cupcakes and a pink candy bar.
I even found pink strawberry flavored malted milk balls!

The guests were asked to dress in their favorite 50's/ Grease attire. Most of them came dressed up. Cali borrowed my Pink Lady bowling shirt.

They played badmitten in the back yard.
Had a record shaped pinata.

I think Kat gets the prize for the biggest bubble!


They had a fire in the backyard and made s'mores. I even found pink strawberry flavored marshmallows! After it got dark they watched Grease on a projection screen in the backyard.


The party was a great success and Tessa loved it! Happy Sweet Sixteen Tessa!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

FUN! FUN! FUN! Tessa is blessed to have such an awesome family!