Pages

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Relief Society Week

I hit the ground running Monday morning after getting home from Utah.!


Think I need some relief from Relief Society this week!


Monday morning was Senior Sister Enrichment which I am over. I got up early to make some Challah bread as I was in charge of bread and butter. They had a nice program and luncheon.


Jim headed to Denver on Monday and was there through Wednesday and then spent Thursday in Seattle so we didn't see much of him this week.


Cali and Clark tried to settle into the boring life we lead around here - unlike college life where there is something going on 24/7 it seems!


We came home to a message on the phone that the UPS store up the street was interested in interviewing Cali for a job this summer - she went up and saw them Monday and starts tomorrow - yeah!



Clark returned to his job at Costco. Fortunately, right now he is not working the 4 a.m. shift! He finally got his suitcases unpacked this weekend - after being home almost a week.


Last Monday Logan and the Young Ambassadors left for Stockholm. We have heard from Logan a couple of times and I Gmail video chatted with him the other day - so fun! They are having an amazing time. lots of missionary opportunities.


The were able to take a tour of Hans Christian Anderson's home one of the days. We are anxious to hear from him again!


Thursday was my second Relief Society assignment with Stake Leadership - I made a yummy lemon dessert to serve to my department.


This weekend was our Stake Conference so Jim and I went to the temple on Friday night for Stake Temple night. Clark was working at Costco so joined us after work for dinner at our favorite Chinese restaurant.


Saturday morning I snuck off while everyone was at home doing chores to go to the big plant sale out in Canby. Got some beautiful flowers for my pots. (Jim surprised me with two new beautiful pots for an early Mother's Day - now I just need more flowers)


Saturday evening was my third RS assignment of the week - I was in charge of the dinner for the Stake Presidency, High Council, visiting general authority and their spouses. Everyone seemed to enjoy the dinner of Chicken Breast Supreme, rice pilaf, roasted vegetables and Key Lime cake for dessert.


By the time the adult session was over Saturday night I was ready for bed.


We had Stake Conference today - Sunday and I think I am ready for a nap!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a whirlwind of activities and you still have time to help me. THANKS! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! Soon they will all be gone and you'll yearn to fix regular meals for them and to have them home daily.

Emily said...

We so need to live closer to each other!