Pages

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Beach Babe Weekend

It has been a busy last week and a half so I have a little catching up on the blog to do as my children are reminding me!!

Last weekend I escaped to Ocean Park Washington (just north of Long Beach) with my Beach Babes for a fun weekend. The weather was beautiful and of course, as always, we had a wonderful time.

Ocean Park was a new destination for us. Patrice has a co-worker who has a house there who let us use his house for free - so nice - thank you !!!

It was a pretty little house j ust a few blocks from the beach.
We had a fun time exploring the area - Jack's Country Store was the best - it had everything you could imagine. I could have spent hours there and did pick up a darling, vintage style tablecloth.

We found a couple of yummy little cafe's to eat at including one that had a yarn store attached. Not only did we enjoy some "to die for" Limoncello Torte ( I have got to figure out how to make it) but April and I made friends with the man who runs the yarn store and bought yarn and needles to make dishcloths. Yes I knit three discloths over the weekend. They are so cute I don't think I will be able to use them. One has a hummingbid on it and another has cherries - so cute.





We explored nearby Oysterville. A darling historic town that they have maintained. The entire street is lined with historic homes, an old school and beautiful old church. There is a sign on the front of each house that tells about the original owner, etc. I felt like I had gone back in time. It sits right on the bay where they farm oysters. We also visited an oyster shop that smelled so bad I had to walk right out!!


We also enjoyed a beautiful hike around Willapa Bay - the weather was perfect!

We visited Cape Disappointment and the visitor's center there. This was one of the places Lewis & Clark had stopped. The weather was terrible and so they decided not to stay - thus the name Disappointment.

We also stopped at Discovery Point State Park and Astoria on the way home.

The Beach Babes are an eclectic group and I love them all. I am so blessed to have these amazing women in my life!!

Jim and Tessa survived the weekend home alone without me!

Graduation details and photos coming soon!

2 comments:

Dawn Nelson said...

Leigh Anne,
As a child this is the beach we always went to. I remember staying in little cabins. I also remember the huge piles and piles of Oysters at Oysterville, are they still there?? I'd love the pattern for the washcloth, my Mom loves hand knit washcloths so I'd love to knit a few for Mothers day. Dawn

Unknown said...

Looks like such fun. So grateful you have such wonderful circles of friends. Thanks for all you you do for so many of us. . . . . .