Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

Birthday Boys

While I was in Utah we were able to celebrate the boy's birthdays which had been the week before.

We decided that The Texas Roadhouse would be a good place to celebrate.  The place is a mad house and the wait was about 90 minutes so we went and hung out at the mall and picked up a few birthday presents for the boys - some new ties for Logan and a few polo shirts for Clark (we also picked him up some new dress pants at Nordstrom Rack the next day)

Dinner was great and their rolls are amazing.  I'm not going to tell you how many I ate but I had a really small steak and salad to try to counter balance all the calories of the rolls!!

For their birthday they brought out a little horse saddle and Clark got to sit on it.



After dinner we met up with cousin Drew for some ice cream.
On Saturday morning we woke up to a couple of inches of snow on the ground which was only a problem because I hadn't brought a heavy coat, any closed toe shoes and only had skirts with bare legs to wear!!  

Cali and I headed up to Salt Lake to attend the wedding luncheon of our friend Louisa Densley at the Joseph Smith Building.  We stopped at Nordstrom Rack on the way and I got some panty house for my freezing cold legs and some closed toe shoes!!!

After the luncheon we headed to the airport and flew home - Cali was flying Southwest and I was Delta.  When we checked her in her bags weighed 54 pounds and 52 pounds!!!  We quickly repacked some things into my suitcase which now weighed exactly 50 pounds and we got her two bags down to 50 pounds each also.  Her carry on was really heavy!
Her plane arrived in Portland about an hour and a half before mine so she just hung out in baggage claim and Jim picked us up.

Good to be home!  Tessa is in Florida for DECA so Jim had a few days home alone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leigh Anne,

I've enjoyed your blog, without commenting, for some time, and so look forward to your postings. I'm not a Mormon, but I would imagine that being asked to speak would be a HUGE honor--and if your son thought you did well, I'd call that a HUGE compliment!

Thanks for being you, Classy Lady!

Susan in WI.

Leigh Anne Wilkes said...

Susan, Thank you! Yes, it was a great honor and a wonderful experience!

Anonymous said...

Leigh Anne, We are so pleased with all the good you are doing in this world. You are spreading good news in so many ways--through your blogs, the written word, your speeches, your example, your service, your ideas, etc. You truly are an elect lady, an amazing wife, mother, sister, daughter, friend, sister-in-law. You are fulfilling the missions you have been sent to earth to fulfill. We love you! Tamara