Pages

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Here at Home

So now that I've updated you on all the college kids - here is an update on what we've been up to here at home!

It's been cold around here and we woke up to a dusting of snow this morning and had hail a couple of times over the weekend.

It is nice to have the musical over but we will miss the show. I was able to watch it 8 times including dress rehearsal and never tired of it - such a fun show and the songs will be running through my head for weeks!

Today - Sunday, everyone but me is taking a nap. We had some pretty late nights and not much sleep this weekend. Because of closing weekend of Joseph there were lots of parties going on! I am guessing Tess got about 6-8 hours total all weekend!

Friday night I worked in the box office and after the show Jim and I went to a Parent's Party at the directors house and got to bed about 1:00 a.m. After the show Tessa went to an extravagent birthday bash for one of her good friends - rented a facility, DJ, fashion show etc. She had a great time and then had a sleepover with a couple of her friends who went. She couldn't remember what time they got to bed?

She and I both had to get up first thing Saturday morning though for a Girl's Camp meeting so no sleeping in for either of us.

I spent Saturday, after the meeting, finishing up all the cast gifts for the adults - framed cast pictures etc. and dipped 100 strawberries in chocolate for the cast party. Tessa got to take a nap!

We stayed to help for the cast party and got to bed at about 2:00 a.m. this morning due to day light's savings time. 9:00 church came too early. Tessa spent the night again with some friends but promised she would be up, ready, and smiling for church - and she was! Again, she couldn't remember what time she got to bed!

Saturday - Jim worked in the yard and he and our neighbor Tom took old Rocky Raccoon for a ride - they drove out to Germantown Road and let him go. The neighbors just told us they have seen two living in their wood pile which is just on the otherside of our fence so I guess we will keep the trap baited for a while longer!

I had two ward conferences today and I taught the RS lesson as part of my Stake assignment. No nap for me today but bed time can't come soon enough.

After having suffered with headaches, sore ears, stiff neck and post nasal drip for two weeks I finally went to the doctor after Jim complained I was snoring! I have a sinus infection so am now on 3 different meds so hopefully will be feeling better soon.

We are looking forward to a little quieter week around here and a little more sleep!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like there are more people than Logan that need to take it easy!! I hope you get feeling better soon. By the way our "neighbors" at the show last night were very kind, and had no idea who we were until after the show. I was grateful no one else showed up :)

Michelle Wilkes said...

After reading your blog, you made me so tired, I was ready to take a nap for you! Take it easy!
Sounds like lots of fun, though.

Diane said...

wow! Party on!! :) Hope you got some good rest after all that :)