Pages

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Summer has arrived in Portland

It actually felt like summer this week - 0ver 90 degrees!

When I was thinking about what I was going to blog about I realized what a boring week we had this past week.

Logan and Becca headed back to Provo on Sunday. Clark worked, Cali worked, Jim worked, Leigh Anne worked and Tessa had ballet intensive all week - BORING!

Clark spent the first few days of the week working for our friend Jane in her garden and doing some Spanish tutoring. He had orientation on Thursday at Costco and then worked there Friday and Saturday - he was the upfront guy putting things in boxes for people as they checked out. He came home with a list of things he things I must buy at Costco - roasted chicken, marionberry cheesecake, pomegranate juice - this job of his may cost me a lot of money! He starts the 4 a.m. shift tomorrow - I just hope he is quiet when he gets up at 3 a.m.!!

Cali has decided she is not ready for children for a long time after working as a nanny for two weeks although she has gotten a great tan from all the time they are spending at the pool. She also took them to the Children's Museum and the zoo this past week.

Tessa's big news of the week is she survived her first week of ballet intensive - 6 days a week of dance from 10:30 - 6:00 p.m. Her excitement was that her big toe nail fell off - the hazards of being a ballerina. I thought she should keep it for her scrapbook but she threw it away.

Logan survived his third week of being a youth counselor at BYU. This week was a Young Ambassador Camp which was a little more work than the Summer Scholar Camp - the kids aren't quite as quiet and low key - imagine that.

He and Becca had a fun date Saturday night in Salt Lake. Becca cooked him a dinner of some of his favorites which they ate by the reflecting pool near temple square and then they went to a Jazz Festival in Salt Lake.

Leigh Anne spent a good part of her week cooking. Grandma and Grandpa Best got home from Texas on Tuesday so we had them for dinner, Wednesday was Grandma's birthday so I fixed dinner, Thursday night was Relief Society and it was a potluck and then Friday we were invited to a family BBQ Potluck and then today, Sunday we celebrated Tessa's birthday with birthday breakfast for the Mia Maid Presidency and birthday dinner tonight! I am tired of cooking!!!!

Jim spent the week at home working but is headed to Seattle tonight for a few days. He has done a great job with his new diet regimen for his Meiner's Disease. One of the side benefits of it is that he has lost 12 pounds in a month!

Since I don't have anything else too exciting to share I thought I'd post a couple of cute handouts I did for Young Women's lessons. The first is one I used in my lesson today. I taught the lesson on Agency to both the Mia maids and the Laurels. I created it on my Creative Memories Storybook Creator program - it is so fun!




















The second one is for the joint YW lesson next week. I am not giving the lesson but helped our YW Secretary out who is doing it.

It is not an original idea - we saw the original idea on a website but couldn't get it to print right so I did my best to recreate it in my CM program - it turned out pretty good I think. This lesson is on Obedience















I just upload them to Costco and have them printed as a photograph.


Happy Summer!!



3 comments:

Linda said...

Summer has hit hard in my part of CA too. It was 111 degrees here last week...no wonder I'm counting down until we make a move to either Oregon or Washington. We're so mixed up at this point tho that we don't know where to move. Oregon has pretty high taxes, both have plenty of rain. Obviously, we've got more research to do...but in the meantime, I'm anxious!

Have a great week and hope you get some relief from all of the cooking!

Emily said...

Thanks for all the great dinner ideas here and on your website! I miss your weekly menu because mine has been lacking lately. I have yet to have a bad recipe from you and love sharing them with other, giving you all the credit of course!

Anonymous said...

Love the what does your name mean link. I sent it on to a number of people.

To a true minimalist like me when it comes to kitchens , your week is overwhelming.